Ayrshire Shortbread (Scotland)
- 1 3/4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons cream
* If you can find rice flour, add 1 tablespoon for a crisper shortbread.
- Combine flour, butter and sugar; form a well in the center and add egg yolk and
cream. Knead together lightly to form a stiff dough.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut dough into 20 (2 1/2-inch) rounds, 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.