Bubble and Squeak
Bubble and Squeak is a traditional English dish made with the leftover vegetables from a dinner. Carrots, peas, Brussels sprouts, or any other leftover vegetables may be added. It bubbles and squeaks as it is cooking!
- 3 large unpeeled, potatoes, boiled
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped, parboiled and drained well
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cut up and fried
- Chop cooked, unpeeled potatoes.
- In large skillet, fry bacon; drain on paper towel.
- Add onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Add chopped, cooked cabbage and chopped, cooked potatoes.
- Sprinkle bacon bits over top surface.
- Allow potatoes to become golden brown on bottom over medium heat, about 20 minutes or less.
- Invert skillet over large serving plate.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.