Cockney Fish Batter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon MSG (optional)
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 cups water
- Combine batter ingredients and mix until smooth with electric mixer. Make 24
hours in advance and refrigerate for best results.
- To use, dust 4 pounds fish fillets in flour and shake off excess.
- Dip fish fillet one at a time in batter.
- Deep fat fry several fillets together at 375 degrees F.
- Place deep fat dried fish on paper towels to drain.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.