- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fine granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 15 ounces milk
- Beat the egg yolks and blend in the sifted flour, sugar and salt.
- Add melted butter and milk to make a thin batter about the consistency of thin cream.
- Beat the egg whites to the soft peak stages and quickly add to the batter, folding
with a knife or metal spoon.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or a frying pan and pour in large spoonsful of the batter.
- Each crumpet should spread thinly to about 4 to 5-inches in diameter, and you may
have to roll the pan to achieve this.
- When the batter is brown underneath and slightly bubbly on top, turn and cook
on the other side.
- Keep them warm by stacking on a clean tea towel, and eat soon after.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine April 27, 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.