Apple Rum Baklava
- 3 cups chopped apples
- 2 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pound phyllo dough
- 1 pound butter, clarified, melted
- 1 cup honey
- Combine first 6 ingredients in large bowl; mix well.
- Trim 8 sheets phyllo dough to fit 10 x 15-inch baking pan. Keep unused phyllo
covered with damp cloth. Arrange in baking pan, brushing each sheet generously with
melted butter. Spread half the apple mixture over phyllo dough. Arrange 6 buttered
sheets phyllo dough over apple mixture. Spread with remaining apple mixture. Top
with 8 buttered sheets phyllo dough. Cut into squares. Bake at 350 degrees F for
40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat honey in small saucepan. Drizzle over hot baklava.
Yields 12 servings.
May substitute 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 2 tablespoons lemon rind for rum.
Approx Per Serving: Cal 606; Prot 4.3 g; Carbo 49.6 g; T Fat 46.2 g; Chol
82.8 mg; Potas 277.0 mg; Sod 294.0 mg. Nutritional information does not include
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.