Athenian Stuffed Peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup Minute rice or 1 cup cooked regular rice
- 2 onions, ground
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 8 green bell peppers
- 6 cups water
- 5 medium potatoes, sliced
- Combine meat, rice, onions, garlic, oil, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 1 tablespoon
salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, oregano and egg.
- Wash green peppers; cut and remove seeds.
Fill peppers with meat mixture; place open side down in circle in roasting pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients except potatoes; pour over peppers. Place potatoes
in center of pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 400 degrees F.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.