- 2 slices bread, soaked in water for 10 minutes
- 2 pounds minced beef or pork
- 1 large grated onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Some chopped parsley
- Black pepper
- 1 lemon, to garnish
- Squeeze excess moisture from the bread and discard the crusts. Mix together all
the ingredients, in a bowl, by hand. Let this mixture stand for half an hour if
you have the time.
- Make large, round, flattened hamburgers and grill under a hot grill, approximately
3 minutes on each side; or even better place them on an oiled grid and barbecue
them approximately 5 to 6 minutes on each side, according to the strength of the
fire. They should be slightly undercooked inside and moist; turn them over once,
but do not let them get scorched.
- Serve with quartered lemons on the side of the platter, with a fresh salad.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.