Chicken with Rice (Kottopoula Me Pilafi)
- 3 pounds chicken parts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups long-grain white rice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat and add chicken. Brown on all
sides then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion and tomato and sauté until onion turns translucent. Stir in oregano
and lemon juice.
- Add rice and stir well to combine and coat all grains of rice.
- Add chicken stock, stir and return chicken to pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat
and simmer, uncovered, until all surface liquid has been absorbed.
- Cover, turn heat to very low and cook 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes to keep
rice from burning or sticking.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.