Cinnamon Chicken (Kota Kapama)
- 8 pieces chicken
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped or minced garlic
- 6 fresh garden tomatoes or 1 cup chopped, drained, canned plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 (4-inch long) cinnamon stick
- Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Grind some sea salt and black pepper over the chicken pieces.
- Heat the butter and olive oil over moderate heat in a sauté pan, and brown the
chicken pieces. Transfer them to a plate.
- Pour off all but a thin film of fat add the onions and garlic. Cook and stir
for a few minutes until the onions are light brown. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste,
chicken stock, cinnamon stick, 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and a few grindings of black
pepper. Bring to a boil, and then return the chicken to the pan and baste it thoroughly
with the sauce. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer, basting occasionally,
for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with white or brown rice or pasta. Spoon the tomato sauce over the chicken
and rice or pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.