Chicken Curry with Toasted Almonds
Enjoy Indian-inspired cuisine at home. This recipe uses a medley of spices to create a flavor profile recognized a world away. A little sweet. A little heat. What more do you want? Garnish with the toasted almonds and slices of fresh lemon. Goes well over a long grained rice like Basmati.
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup Challenge Butter
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 teaspoons pressed or minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated or minced ginger root
- 1 fresh green (Serrano) chile, quartered lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 to 5 cups cooked rice (optional)
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Toast almonds in skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly until nuts are lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions; sauté until limp and slightly browned at the edge.
- Add garlic, ginger and Serrano chili; sauté an additional minute. Stir in salt and spices; sauté briefly to blend.
- Add chicken; stir and cook until pieces no longer appear pink.
- Add coconut milk and crushed red pepper. Stir until mixture comes to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Sprinkle toasted almonds over the top.
- Serve over rice and garnish with lemon slices if desired.
Servings: 4 to 5
Source: Challenge Home Economist
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.