- 1 cup lentils
- 2 large, chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 carrots, diced
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the lentils, tomatoes, spinach, carrots, salt, ground cumin, coriander
and turmeric in a heavy saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and cook until the lentils are tender, about 15 to 20
- In a separate pan, heat the butter, add the cumin seed and stir.
- Add the red onion, garlic and ginger and stir-fry until golden brown.
- Add the onion mixture to the lentils and bring all to a quick boil.
- Remove the dal from the heat, sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.