Mashed Potatoes with Cabbage (Colcannon)
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1/2 small head green cabbage, shredded
- 6 scallions (with tops), chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- Butter or margarine
- Heat 1 inch salted water to boiling. Add potatoes. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and cook until tender, 30 to 35 minutes; drain.
- Heat cabbage, scallions, water and 1/8 teaspoon salt to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until crisp-tender, 5 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Mash potatoes until no lumps remain.
- Beat in milk in small amounts.
- Add 1/4 cup butter, 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper; beat until potatoes are
light and fluffy.
- Stir in cabbage and scallions; dot with butter or margarine.
>> INTERNATIONAL RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.