- 2 pounds Idaho potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Place potatoes in large saucepan; cover with cold water. Cover and bring to a
boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered until potatoes are tender, 15
to 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, then return to saucepan. Turn heat under saucepan to medium-low.
Cook potatoes until dry, about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add milk. Using a potato masher, mash potato mixture until fairly smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in chives, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a medium bowl, cover and
refrigerate until cold. Potatoes will thicken as they cool.
- Form potato mixture into 12 patties about 3 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until
hot and sizzling.
- Add three or four patties to skillet. Cook until golden brown,
about 2 minutes per side.
- Keep warm in a 200 degrees F oven while cooking remaining
patties in remaining butter.
- Serve warm with sour cream.
Makes 4 servings.
>> INTERNATIONAL RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.