Simple Irish Soda Bread
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the flour sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, caraway seeds and raisins
together in a bowl. Mix them.
- Add the sour cream, milk and egg together in a separate bowl and mix them up.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix until the dough is smooth.
- Place the dough in a cast iron skillet and add a little flour to the bottom of the pan.
- Stick the skillet in the oven for an hour at 300 degrees F.
- Plate and serve with butter and jam.
>> INTERNATIONAL RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.