- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water or mushroom stock
- 3 onions, sliced thin
- 4 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 1 can bamboo shoots
- 2 bunches green onions, tops, sliced
- 1 pound beef, cut into strips
- 1 can mushrooms
- 2 bunches watercress
- Small amount shiratake (translucent rubbery noodles)
- 2 teaspoons MSG
- Brown meat in vegetable oil.
- Add soy sauce, MSG, stock and sugar. Allow meat to cook in sauce for about 2 minutes.
- Add onion and celery and let cook for a couple more minutes.
- Add mushrooms, bamboo shoots and green onions and cook from three to five
- Push food to side of pan and add shiratake. Cook until shiratake absorbs some of the juice.
- Add watercress and cook for one minute.
- Stir well and serve with rice.
Posted by WingsFan91 at Recipe Goldmine 9/5/2001 8:31 am.