Mediterranean Beef Pitas
- 1 pound beef round tip steaks, cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 4 pita breads, cut crosswise in half
- 3/4 cup plain or seasoned hummus
- Stack beef steaks; cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1-inch wide strips.
- Combine beef and lemon pepper in medium bowl.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet.
- Repeat with remaining beef. Season with salt, as desired.
- Fill pita pockets with equal amounts of steak, hummus and toppings, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 368 calories; 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 54 mg cholesterol; 649 mg sodium; 42 g carbohydrate; 4.8 g fiber; 27 g protein; 6.2 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 0.9 mcg vitamin B12; 4.4 mg iron; 36.9 mcg selenium; 4.5 mg zinc
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Texas Beef Council
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.