Afghan Chicken Kabobs
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red or black pepper
- 3 tablespoons garlic, finely minced
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into chunks
- Flatbread such as lavash, pita or flour tortillas
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- Cilantro to taste
- 2 lemons or 4 limes, quartered
- Mix yogurt, salt, pepper and garlic in a bowl. Mix chicken with yogurt and marinate
1 to 2 hours at room temperature, up to 2 days refrigerated.
- Thread chicken on skewers and grill over medium hot coals.
- Place warmed pita bread on plates (if using tortillas, toast briefly over flame),
divide meat among them, top with tomato and onion slices and cilantro and fold bread
over. Serve with lemon or lime quarters for squeezing.
Yield: 4 servings
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 87 Calories; 2g Fat (23.2% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 8mg Cholesterol; 839mg Sodium
Exchanges: 2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.