Bean and Sesame Seed Spread (Hummus)
This is also known as "hummus bitahini."
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 cup sesame seed
- 1 clove garlic, cut into halves
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Snipped parsley
- Pocket bread, crackers or vegetable dippers
- Place reserved bean liquid, sesame seed and garlic in blender container. Cover
and blend on high speed until mixed.
- Add beans, lemon juice and salt; cover and
blend on high speed, stopping blender to scrape sides if necessary, until of uniform
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve as a spread or dip with wedges of pita bread.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.