Black Rice Pudding
Black rice turns its cooking liquid purple, and this rich, creamy pudding will
become a luscious lavender.
- 1 cup raw black rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 3/4 cup canned cream of coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon rose water or vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- Place rice and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer,
covered, 55 minutes.
- Stir in the half-and-half and cream of coconut. Slowly simmer 1 hour, stirring
- Stir in rose water or vanilla extract and salt. Chill completely.
- Serve topped with whipped cream and pistachio nuts as garnish.
Yields 12 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.