Dajaj bel Laban
(Chicken with Yogurt)
- 1 chicken, cut at joints into pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 chile peppers, split
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 12 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 cup yogurt
- Fry the onions in the oil, add the chicken, and stir.
- Add spices, salt and the
split chili peppers. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, adding water as
- In a separate pan, beat the yogurt and a little water with a whisk. Bring to
a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove the yogurt from the heat and set aside.
- When the chicken is cooked, add the yogurt and continue to simmer on low heat.
- Serve in a deep dish along with white rice.
Serves 4 to 6.
Source: Saudi Arabia Magazine (an official publication of the Information
Office of the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia), Spring 1997
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.