Lebanese Rice Pudding
- 1/2 cup long grain rice, washed
- 4 cups homogenized milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or magaham (orange water)
- Combine rice, milk and water in saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring
almost constantly until it boils. Lower heat and let boil gently until it thickens,
stirring every few minutes.
- Add sugar and cook until dry.
- Remove from heat.
- Add flavoring and stir.
- Pour into dessert bowls and serve either warm or cold.