This is a wonderful recipe for Purim.
- 3 cups almonds
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons rose water or orange blossom water
- 1 package filo pastry
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grind the almonds and mix together with remaining ingredients. The mixture should
- Cut the filo into 3 parts and cover with a damp towel. Take one piece of filo
and fold it about 2 inches from the bottom up. Insert a pencil in the fold. Put
one tablespoon of the mixture above the pencil and roll. Push the 2 sides to the
middle and slide the pencil out.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until light golden in color.