(Middle Eastern Orange Blossom Cookies)
- 2 cups sweet butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ounce whiskey
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom or rose water
- 4 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, pistachios, or pecans, chopped
- Confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In mixing bowl, cream butter.
- Add sugar, egg, whiskey, orange blossom water and flour; mix well.
- Form dough into little balls; shape as desired ("S" shapes, diamonds, etc.).
- Place cookies on baking sheet; bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.