Persian Rice Cookies
- 2 pounds rice flour
- 1 pound oil (Crisco)
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup rose water
- 2 eggs, separated
- Mix the oil, confectioners' sugar, and egg yolks to make a soft batter.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Mix all of this with rose water and flour (will
make a soft mixture).
- Let stand at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours.
- Place in plastic bag and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Make small balls (peanut size), flatten and design with a thimble. Arrange in
a flat pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool.
- Arrange in a serving dish.