Pork with Coriander (Afelia — Cyprus)
- 1 (2 pound) boneless pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound new potatoes, halved
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, halved
- Trim fat from pork; cut pork into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven until hot. Cook pork over medium heat, stirring occasionally,
until all liquid is evaporated and pork is brown, about 25 minutes; drain fat.
- Stir in wine, coriander, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover
and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes and mushrooms. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer
until pork and potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.