Quince Syrup (Sharbat-e Beh Limou - Persian)
- 2 large quinces (about 2 pounds)
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Quarter quinces and remove cores. Do not peel. Wash and pat dry. Process in juicer.
- Bring sugar and water to boil. Add quince juice and lime juice. Boil for 30 minutes
over medium heat until syrup thickens.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Pour syrup in clean dry bottle and cork.
Store in the refrigerator.
- To use, mix well 1 part syrup with 3 parts water.
- Serve chilled over ice.