Roasted Lemon Asparagus
This is a dish that's perfect either as an appetizer or a side dish. The
refreshing lemon blended with anchovies captures the essence of the Mediterranean
- 1 pound asparagus, cleaned and ends trimmed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oven broiler and toss asparagus with olive oil. Arrange in a single layer
on a rimmed baking sheet and broil for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes.
The asparagus should be crisp and browned and slightly softened but not mushy.
- While asparagus cooks, mix together lemon juice, lemon zest and anchovy paste
in a large bowl. Add asparagus, toss until well coated and season to taste with
salt and pepper.
- Serve hot as a side dish, or either chilled or room temperature for an appetizer
Source: Lior Moore - Israel