Tomato and Green Pepper Salad (Morocco)
- 3 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium green bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all ingredients in nonreactive bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
Yields 8 to 10 servings.