Caramel Bananas with Rum
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 4 medium bananas
- 1/2 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Cook and stir 2/3 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons whipping cream and the butter over low heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; stir in rum. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut bananas crosswise into halves; cut each half lengthwise into halves. Arrange in serving dishes; top with refrigerated caramel sauce.
- Beat 1/2 cup whipping cream and 1 tablespoon brown sugar in chilled bowl until stiff. Spoon over bananas and sauce; garnish with almonds.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.