Cheese and Sage Damper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 14 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups (approximately) milk to mix; plus to brush on top just before baking
- Parmesan cheese
- Poppy seeds
- Mix cheese, flour, paprika, pepper and sage. Add butter and mix until crumbly. Add milk to mix to a soft dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough until smooth and shape into a 10 inch
round. Place the round dough on a baking sheet. With a sharp knife cut into 8 wedges, allowing the knife to almost go through the dough. Brush the top with a little milk and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and poppy seeds.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.