Chicken and Pork Afritada
- 1 (2 pound) chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 pound pork, cut into 1 1/2 inch squares
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 medium size tomato, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 sprig oregano
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 4 medium size potatoes, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 1/2 ounces pimento, cut into 1-inch squares
- Dust chicken and pork pieces in flour, salt and pepper. Brown quickly in hot
- Sauté garlic, onions, tomatoes and tomato sauce in separate pot.
- Pour 2 cups water and let boil.
- Add browned chicken, pork, bay leaf, oregano and bell pepper.
Simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender.
- Add salt and pepper according to taste. You
may thicken the sauce by adding flour dissolved in water into the pot.
- Finally, add peas and pimento and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.