- 1 pound pork, cubed
- 1 cup liver, cubed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons achuete seeds
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, sliced
- 2 medium size potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place achuete seeds in 1/3 cup water and stir around. Water should turn red.
- Discard seeds when done.
- Sauté garlic, onions and tomatoes; add pork and cook until done.
- Add potatoes and water, if the dish is a little dry.
- Add liver when potatoes are done.
- Season as desired and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot with rice.