Stuffed Shrimps (Rellenong Hipon)
- 12 very large shrimp or prawns
- 12 tablespoons ground pork or ham
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mushrooms
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 strips bacon
- Shell the shrimp, leaving the tails on. Slit the back of each and de-vein.
- Combine ground pork or ham, scallion, carrots and mushrooms in a bowl.
- Mix the eggs and cornstarch and combine with the ground pork mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each shrimp with the mixture and wrap with a strip of bacon.
- Drain and serve hot.