Vegetable Adobo (Adobong Kangkong)
- 2 pounds kangkong or spinach
- 1/2 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1/2 cup vegetable or corn oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Wash and sort kangkong or spinach.
- Separate leaves and cut stems into 1-inch lengths.
- Sauté the garlic in oil, and when it is golden brown, add the kangkong,
lemon or lime juice, soy sauce and salt. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
Yield: 4 servings