- 6 beets (about 2 inches in diameter)
- 8 medium potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 3 dill pickles (or one 8 inch cucumber)
- 1 medium onion or 6 scallions
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (fresh is better)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Scrub beets, potatoes and carrots and boil together. Check after 15 minutes and
remove potatoes and carrots as they finished, letting beets continue cooking until
- Cool and peel.
- Cut beets, carrots and potatoes into serving size and combine in mixing bowl.
- Chop onion and pickles and add.
- Combine lemon juice and oil with dill, add salt and pepper (adjust amounts to
- Pour over salad vegetables and stir (everything will turn various tones of magenta).
- Chill for at least two hours before serving.
Serves 10 to 12.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.