Aebelskiver (Danish Pancake Puffs)
Aebleskiver work as a snack or a dessert but often they are served for breakfast.
They're great as your family's signature breakfast or for a special occasion. Your family will appreciate you every time you make them. They're easy. They're good. They're fun.
Serve Aebelskiver hot, drizzled with syrup or a sauce or add a dollop of whipped cream.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- Confectioners' sugar
- Sift dry ingredients together.r
- Add beaten egg yolks and buttermilk, stirring until well blended.
- Beat egg whites until peaks form and fold into batter gently.
- Set aebelskivei pan over low to medium heat and heat until a few drops of water sputter in pan.
- Put a dab of butter or shortening in each well. Fill 2/3 full with batter. Turn with a hat pin or skewer until well browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Serve with jam and confectioners' sugar or syrup.
Filled Aebelskiver: Put 1/3 cup batter into cavity. Spoon 1 tablespoon jam, pudding, pastry filling or whatever filling you would like in the center, then add 1/3 cup batter on top of that.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.