Broiled Gravlax with Mustard Sauce
- 1 (3 pound) center-cut salmon fillet or 2 (1 1/2 pound) salmon fillets
- 1 bunch dill weed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white peppercorns, crushed
- Mustard Sauce
- If using 1 fillet, cut crosswise into halves. Place half of fish, skin side down,
in ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Arrange dill weed on fish.
- Mix sugar, salt and peppercorns. Sprinkle evenly over dill weed.
- Top with other half of fish, skin side up.
- Cover dish loosely with aluminum foil.
- Weight fish with 2 or 3 unopened cans.
- Refrigerate, turning fish every 12 hours, for 2 days.
- Pour off all liquid as it accumulates around fish.
- Set oven to broil or 550 degrees F.
- Remove dill weed; pat fish dry.
- Cut fish into serving pieces.
- Broil skin side down with tops about 4 inches from heat until
fish flakes easily with fork, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve with Mustard Sauce.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.