"Burning Love" is a Norwegian comfort food that serves as a main dish with mashed
potatoes, infused with butter, cheese, and then
topped with bacon and chives. Burning Love was a traditional dish for poor
- 1 pound potatoes
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 2 onions
- 1/4 cup mozzarella or provolone cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons chives or parsley
- Peel or scrub potatoes, and boil them for 20-25 minutes in unsalted
water or until tender enough to mash.
- Cut bacon into small cubes.
- Fry bacon in skillet, and place on platter with paper towel when done.
- Chop onions, and fry them in the bacon grease.
- Mash the potatoes with the cheese (if desired), butter, salt and pepper.
- Serve the mashed potatoes with onions and bacon on top.
- Sprinkle the dish with chives or parsley before serving.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.