Danish Rice Pudding
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed (with syrup)
- 1/2 cup currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Pudding: Heat sugar, water, gelatine and salt in 2-quart saucepan, stirring constantly,
until gelatine is dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Stir in milk, rice and vanilla extract.
- Place saucepan in a bowl of iced water, stirring occasionally, until mixture
mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon, about 15 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream
in chilled bowl until stiff. Fold whipped cream into rice mixture. Pour into ungreased
1 1/2 quart mold. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- Unmold and serve with Raspberry-Currant Sauce.
- Raspberry-Currant Sauce: Heat raspberries and jelly to boiling.
- Mix water and cornstarch; stir into raspberry mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil
and stir 1 minute. Cool.
- Press through a sieve to remove seeds if desired.
Yield: 8 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.