Danish Shrimp Sandwich (Reje Mad)
- Several slices of dark rye, thinly sliced
- Unsalted butter
- 1 head Boston or butter lettuce
- Good-quality mayonnaise (about 2 tablespoons)
- 6 to 8 large cooked shrimp
- Thinly sliced lemon
- Watercress or dill for garnish
- Butter several slices of bread, cutting in half if slices are very large. Top
each with leaf lettuce so that it extends over sides of bread.
- Top lettuce with generous lump of mayonnaise, about 1 teaspoon.
- Place 2 large shrimp beside each other on top of mayonnaise, so mayonnaise holds
them in place.
- Put another dab of mayonnaise on top, followed by thin twist of lemon
and sprig of watercress or dill for color.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.