Kleiners (Danish Fried Cookies)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 heaping tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 cups flour (or more)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Beat sugar, eggs and butter well.
- Add the milk, then beat in vanilla extract and brandy.
- Sift flour and baking powder together into the first mixture. Knead
well, adding more flour if it is too sticky.
- Roll the dough thin; cut into 1 x 4-inch
strips, make a slit in the center, then pull one end through the slit.
- Deep fry in hot shortening until golden brown.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.