- 5 cardamom seed pods
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sifted flour
- Crush cardamom seeds after removing from pods.
- Gradually add sugar to beaten eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Add cream, vanilla extract, cardamom, nutmeg and half of the butter. Beat until
- Add flour and mix until smooth.
- Add remaining butter and mix well.
- Place 1 level tablespoon of batter in center of preheated krumkake pan. Close
lid and cook until lower side of cookie is light brown, about 3 minutes.
- Remove cookie from upper half of iron with a spatula. Roll while still hot around
the handle of a wooden cooking spoon. Cool.
- Store in airtight metal containers.
- Serve plain or fill with whipped cream just before serving.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.
Krumkake pans can be purchased in specialty cookware stores.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.