Brazilian Chuck Roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (3 pound) boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups strong coffee
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced thick
- 4 small potatoes, unpeeled and cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oil in a heavy, 4-quart saucepan. Add chuck roast; brown on all sides.
- Add coffee, garlic, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Arrange onion slices on top of meat. Cook over high heat until boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, 1 hour.
- Add potatoes; continue to cook until meat and potatoes are tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables from pan juices; keep warm.
- Blend flour with water to dissolve flour; stir into pan juices. Cook over medium-high heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Slice meat and serve with pan gravy and vegetables.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.