Caramel Flan Brasileiro
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can milk
- 1 egg
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Several heaping tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into a blender. Fill the empty can with milk
and add that to the blender. Add egg and vanilla extract. Blend until well mixed.
- Meanwhile, cook sugar in a pan, rotating the pan occasionally to avoid burning
the sugar. When the sugar is a golden caramel color, pour it into a metal ring mold.
- Pour in the mixture from the blender, and bake at about 300 to 350 degrees
F with the ring mold pan in a larger pan of water so that the water comes up about halfway on the outside of the ring mold.
- Bake until the top of the flan starts to turn golden and a knife inserted
into the flan comes out clean...a little over an hour.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.