(Cornmeal Dumplings Stuffed with Meat - Guatemala)
- 1 pound boneless chicken or pork
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups sliced ripe tomatoes
- 1 chile guajillo, seeds and stem removed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups Masa Harina
- 8 tablespoons margarine (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fresh green or dried cornhusks, wet
- Cut the chicken or pork into 1-inch cubes and fry in oil over medium heat
for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Process the tomatoes, chile pepper and 2 tablespoons water into a smooth
sauce. Set aside.
- Mix the masa, margarine, 1 1/2 cups cold water and the salt together into
a thick mush.
- Put 1/2 cup mush in each wet cornhusk, push an indentation into the mush, and
add 1 tablespoon sauce and a chunk of meat.
- Cover the stuffing with the mush and wrap the dumpling into a sausage shape
with the corn leaves.
- Steam the chuchitos over hot water over moderate heat for 1 1/2 hours.
- Unwrap and eat warm or at room temperature.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.