Baked Crab with Port
(Santola ao Porto)
The Portuguese santola is a hard-shelled crab with tender, sweet meat.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons tawny port wine
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon diced pimentos
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 scallion, with top, sliced
- 6 drops red pepper sauce
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine, melted
- Snipped parsley
- Lemon wedges
- Mix mayonnaise, whipping cream, wine, capers, pimentos, mustard, salt, scallion
and pepper sauce in medium-size bowl.
- Gently stir in crabmeat.
- Divide mixture among 4 ungreased scallop baking shells or individual casseroles.
- Mix bread crumbs and margarine; sprinkle over crab mixture.
- Bake uncovered at
375 degrees F until mixture is bubbly and crumbs are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley, and serve with lemon wedges.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.