Deep-Fried Chile Rellenos Wraps
- Oil for deep frying
- 3 (4 ounce) cans whole green chiles
- 1 (10 ounce) block Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) block Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 garlic salt
- Flour tortillas
- Separate chiles to make 10 individual pieces.
- Slice both cheeses into 10 strips. Place one strip of each cheese inside each chile.
- Place cheese stuffed chiles in center of each tortilla. Fold end of tortilla over chile, envelope style; secure with wooden picks.
- In small bowl, beat egg and milk until blended.
- In small bowl, combine flour, chili powder and garlic salt.
- Dip tortilla into egg mixture.
- Deep fry tortilla one minute on each side or until golden brown.
SAVORY WRAPS RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.