Great Greek Pitas
- 1 1/4 pounds lean boneless pork
- 1/4 cup olive oil or cooking oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme. crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain yogurt
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 pita bread rounds, halved
- Thinly sliced onion (optional)
- Thinly sliced tomato (optional)
- Trim fat from pork. Partially freeze pork.
- Thinly slice pork into bite-size strips. Place pork in a plastic bag set into a deep bowl.
- For marinade, combine oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, oregano, and thyme; mix well. Pour over pork in bag. Seal bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator 6 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- For sauce, in a small bowl combine yogurt, cucumber, dill weed, and seasoned salt.
- Cover and chill for 6 to 24 hours.
- At serving time, drain pork. Discard marinade. In a large skillet, stir-fry pork, half at a time, over medium-high heat about 3 minutes or until pork is no longer pink.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove pork from skillet; spoon into pita halves.
- Stir cucumber sauce; spoon atop meat.
- If desired, garnish with onion and tomato.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition facts per serving: 241 calories, 12 g total fat, 45 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein, 13% calcium, 10% iron
Source: Better Homes and Gardens Online
SAVORY WRAPS RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.