Pizza Salad Pita Pockets
- 3 (6-inch) white or whole wheat pitas
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, packed in water, well drained and quartered
- 1 ounce pepperoni slices, cut in half
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup grated low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the cherry tomatoes, red onion, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, pepperoni, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, vinegar and garlic powder.
- Warm in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Cut each pita in half and warm in the microwave, about 30 seconds.
- Stuff each with a lettuce leaf; fill each pita with the pizza salad and serve.
Nutrition: Each serving provides approximately: 368 calories; 19 g protein;
60 g carbohydrates; 13 g fiber; 8 g fat (3 g saturated); 13 mg cholesterol; 63 mcg
folate; 3 mg iron; 1781 mg sodium
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Wheat Foods Council
SAVORY WRAPS RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.