Puff Pastry Calzone
If you assemble this in advance, that's fine, but don't bake it until just before serving.
- 1 package frozen pastry shells (6), defrosted
- 8 ounces Chevre cheese, crumbled or feta cheese
- 1/4 cup cut up onion slices
- 8 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Stack 3 pastry shells together and roll them out to measure 8 inches (this makes a big one you can do it like this and have people cut off a slice or make little ones).
- Place pastry on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- When you defrost shells don't let them get too soft - just so they are still chilled.
- Combine the next 4 ingredients and place in center of pastry leaving a 1-inch border along the edge. (You can also add some garlic to the mixture.)
- Roll out the remaining shells in the same fashion and place over the filling. Press and seal the edges with the tines of a fork. Scallop them in a decorative fashion. Pierce top with fork and brush tip with a little water and sprinkle with a little grated parmesan cheese.
- You can either bake it now or put it in the fridge until the next day if need be.
- Bake in a 400 degrees F oven for about 25 minutes or until top is a deep golden
- Place on a platter, and cut into wedges to serve.
Yield: 6 servings
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine March 21 2002 at 09:30:08.
SAVORY WRAPS RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.